Skip to: main navigation | main content | sitemap | accessibility page
Employers have a responsibility to be proactive in developing positive mental health pathways. This should include training line managers to spot the early warning signs of mental health and provide them with the skills and confidence needed to intervene and have the supportive conversations necessary.
Training is part of the answer but should support an organisational culture of employee wellbeing.
This training aims to give line managers mental health awareness, essential communication skills to handle difficult conversations, and a broader understanding of how to promote a culture of wellbeing.
This one day course has been specially designed for Line Managers.
The first part of the day is Adult Mental Health Aware Half Day Programme which includes
What is mental health
Mental Health Continuum
– Factors which affect mental health – Stigma
– Stress and stress management
– Spotting signs of distress
Mental Health Conditions
– Depression – Anxiety disorders – Psychosis – Eating disorders – Suicide – Self-harm
Self Care, Signposting and Resources
– Take 10 Together - starting a supportive conversation
Supporting mental health in the workplace Useful statistics
The second part of the day is focussing on handling difficult conversations and promoting a culture of wellbeing to include:
Handling difficult conversations
– Understanding the key elements of communication – Situations that might trigger a difficult conversation – Planning and holding a difficult conversation
– What to do next
Promoting a culture of wellbeing
– Employee lifecycle - touch points for communicating wellbeing approach and mental health awareness
– Know your Wellbeing Policy
– Mental Health First Aiders
– Creating a Wellbeing Action Plan
– Other wellbeing actions and initiatives
This event is co facilitated with Becky Wright and Sharon James
Book here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/mental-health-awareness-for-line-managers-tickets-92180350911