Somerset Community Foundation
Somerset Community Foundation is a charity that helps passionate people in Somerset change the world on their doorstep by funding local charities and inspiring local giving and philanthropy.
Through our grant-giving, we aim to build stronger communities in Somerset where everyone has the opportunity to thrive. We award funding to hundreds of small, local charities, community groups and social enterprises across the county every year, offering a range of grants programmes, including project-based, core costs, small, large, annual and multi-year grants and loans.
We provide rewarding and impactful ways for donors to give through us to the causes and places they care about most. Donors can choose to either set up their own charitable fund with us, give to one of our existing funds, or support the work of the Foundation itself. Together, we fund amazing organisations and the passionate people that change lives every day.
Since we were founded in 2002 we’ve awarded more than £15 million in funding, changing thousands of lives across Somerset.
- The Somerset Fund brings together local businesses and families who are passionate about giving back to Somerset
- Surviving Winter: No one should have to choose between heating and eating. If you can, donate your Winter Fuel Payment
- HPC Community Fund: funding for projects that will help to mitigate the impacts of the HPC build
- Legacies: Leaving a gift to us in your Will is a wonderful way to make a lasting difference in your community
- Setting up your own Charitable Fund offers you the flexibility of a private charitable trust, but without the admin