Taunton Theatre Association Ltd t/a The Brewhouse
The Brewhouse is Taunton's main Theatre & Arts Centre, offering a varied programme of events, performances, screenings, workshops and activities for all ages (last year we delivered over 1000 events and activities!).
Our purpose built theatre and arts centre means we can provide a wide variety of events and activities:
- in our main auditorium we provide a varied programme of drama (from familiar favourites to contemporary/new writer premiers),community shows, live music (original artists, tribute acts & local bands from every genre of music), dance (from Strictly to ballet to contemporary dance), comedy (such as the likes of Jack Dee and Michael McIntyre) talks (recent bookings include Aggers, Gill Sims and Ann Widdecombe) and cinema screenings (including new releases, live performances from the RSC, Royal Opera House and Glyndebourne, plus popular favourites such as our Summer of Spielberg season).
- we also have a studio adaptable space for small scale performances (such as our local choirs and the Unphilharmonic Orchestra) or rehearsals.
- Creative Hub, a multi-purpose studio space perfect for workshops, rehearsals and regular classes. This is where we host much of our Take Part programme, learning and participation workshops, courses, drop-ins, where anyone of any age can find their creative talents.
- Exhibition Gallery is a versatile white cube, with high ceilings, good natural light and black-out facility; perfect for exhibiting visual arts, film, photography and sculpture.
- The Promenade Bar is a flexible space with extensive wall space for exhibitions and provides an informal setting for social events complete with bar and refreshment kiosk.
Braziers Cafe - since December 2018 we are delighted to have Braziers as our in-house cafe, providing a selection of food and refreshments
for all levels of hospitality.
The Brewhouse Theatre & Arts Centre is a registered charity and would not exist without the support and generosity of our wonderful team of volunteers.We are always happy to welcome new volunteers for a wide variety of roles - both customer facing and behind the scenes.We are also able to provide a range of special offers created with other local businesses for our Friends and Volunteers. Why not become a Friend of The Brewhouse - not only will you be supporting a wonderful and diverse cultural programme, enjoy a wide range of benefits (such as priority booking for popular shows), you'll also help us continue our important education and outreach work in Somerset and beyond.
Alternatively we are always happy to talk to local business about sponsorship and advertising opportunities. Last year we had over 70,000 bookings through our doors plus we have an active mailing list of people keen to hear from us.
Follow signs for Somerset County Cricket Ground - we are next door! Nearest car parks are Canon Street (TA1 1SN) & Wood Street (TA1 1UR)