Skip to: main navigation | main content | sitemap | accessibility page
Networking & Events
EU Exit Transition Panel Session - Post Brexit Threats and Opportunities
Date and Time
Tuesday Jan 26, 2021
9:30 AM - 11:00 PM GMT
EU Exit Transition Panel Session - Po...
Post Brexit threats and opportunities panel discussion in collaboration with Devon & Plymouth Chamber of Commerce
Join us 26 days after "Exit Day" for an interactive panel session where we will be discussing the direct and indirect effects on British businesses of the significant changes to the basis on which goods and services are sold and delivered in Northern Ireland and the EU. Armed with the very latest information our team of experts will seek to answer all your questions and concerns to help you prepare a short and medium-term plan to deal with the challenges and opportunities ahead.
This event is sponsored by The Heart of the South West Growth Hub.
We have a number of notable guest speakers who will provide a five-minute introduction to the EU exit, followed by the panel.
Our panellists include:
- Nick Byrne, International Trade Manager of Devon & Plymouth Chamber of Commerce. Nick is responsible for the management of our International Trade services - including ChamberCustoms - as well as conducting regular reviews of export and import activity and providing updates on significant regulatory changes and operational guidance for key trade procedures. Nick is also the key stakeholder for BCC-accredited International Trade training for Devon.
- Sarah Holmes, Legal Director at Womble Bond Dickinson. Sarah specialises in environmental and planning law, with a focus on the delivery of projects and outcomes with novel or complex aspects and those at the interface of regulatory and consenting regimes. She also sits on the steering board of the Plymouth Area Business Council, which is the economic policy advisory group to the Devon & Plymouth Chamber.
- Hayley Wallbank, Trade Manager Great South West of International Trade Department. Hayley has worked in International Business Development for more than 25 years in automotive, construction, energy and engineering as well as working for DIT as a senior international trade adviser in both the West Midlands and South West regions.
- Steve James, Sales Manager at Brittany Ferries
- Linda Middleton-Jones, International Marketing Strategy, Export Coach and Mentor at International Trade Matters. Linda has more than 25 years' experience in international commerce across manufacturing, nuclear and aviation sectors from her base in the South West. She represents the economic interests of South West companies globally and promoted specific sector developments in Europe, Russia, the Mediterranean and Central America.
- Kevin McKenzie, Policy and Intelligence Advisor at Plymouth City Council. Kevin has more than 30 years' experience in his role.
Thank you to our Business Partners