Skip to: main navigation | main content | sitemap | accessibility page
Networking & Events
First Aid at Work Refresher
Date and Time
Monday Jun 24, 2019
8:45 AM - 4:30 PM BST
The cost for this course is £155 per delegate plus VAT. If there are three or more bookings made at the same time, the fee per delegate is £140 plus VAT.
This two day refresher course provides re-qualification for holders of the 3 day First Aid at Work Course.
Delegates must attend the refresher course before their three year First Aid certificate expires.
A ‘hands-on’, practical approach combined with tutor presentations gives delegates an overview and revision of the three day course and an update on the latest best practise. All our First Aid courses are approved by the First Aid Industry Body and Quality Care Academy.
On completion of training successful candidates should be able to:
- Understand the role of the first aider, including reference to the importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and actions
- Use of available equipment
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effictively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconcious (including seizure)
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Train in the use of an AED
- Administer first aid to casualty who is coking, wounded and bleeding or suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes, bruises and small splinters)
- Recognise the presence of major illness (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes) and provide appropriate first aid
- Administer first aid to a casualty with: injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries; chest injuries; burns and scalds; eye injuries; sudden poisoning; anaphylactic shock and major wounds.
Thank you to our Business Partners