Skip to: main navigation | main content | sitemap | accessibility page
Networking & Events
Scaffold Awareness and Inspection
Date and Time
Thursday Jun 27, 2019
8:45 AM - 4:30 PM BST
The cost for this course is £205 per delegate plus VAT. If there are three or more bookings made at the same time, the fee per delegate is £185 plus VAT.
All companies using scaffold have a duty to ensure that it is inspected in accordance with statutory requirements and is safe to use at all times. In order to comply with the Work at Height Regulations 2005, all scaffolds are to be inspected once every seven days and the inspection recorded.
In order to comply with the Work at Height Regulations 2005, all scaffolds are to be inspected once every seven days (or following exposure to conditions likely to have affected its strength or stability or after any significant alterations have been made) and the inspection recorded.
This one day course is suitable for delegates responsible for employees working from a scaffold or delegates responsible for conducting the inspection and completing a scaffold inspection register.
- Overview of current relevant legislation, standards, industry best practice
- Scaffold components and structures
- Requirements of NASC guidance SG4:15 and TG20:13
- Access and egress (working at height hierarchy)
- NASC e-guide and associated compliance sheets
- Ratings of independent components
- Inspection techniques - what to look for, typical problems
- Miscellaneous issues e.g. hoists etc
- Practical Scaffold Inspection (Plymouth centre only), equivalent visual representation (all other centres)
- Additional items for example hoists, rubbish chutes, gin wheels, fans
Thank you to our Business Partners