South West Centre of Excellence in Satellite Applications
Schools and Colleges
The South West Centre of Excellence acts as a focal point for satellite data, technology and applications activity, whilst linking the science and research with industry, start ups and small businesses in the South West. The Centre takes a leading role in driving economic growth through satellite applications and associated innovation, engaging with the wider end-user community and their supply chains.
The Centre delivers activity in line with regional industries and through collaboration with Exeter, Plymouth and Falmouth Universities, it delivers expert advice and support in the following sectors:-
- Mining and Extractive Industries, Exeter University
- Marine and Maritime, Plymouth University
- eHealth and Wellness, Falmouth University
- Natural Capital, Exeter University
The Centre is connected with the national and international space industry through each of the heme leads, and also hosts two further roles funded by the Satellite Applications Catapult and European Space Agency.
- Design and Innovation Lead from the Satellite Applications Catapult and
- SW Regional Ambassador Platform from the European Space Agency
In supporting local businesses the Centre has hosted a series of SpaceTech Business Incubation Programmes throughout the region and encourages businesses using satellite data for tracking, earth observations, communications and geo-location to make contact if they're looking for support and require advice engaging with the industry.